Our rich tradition stretches back to 1873, a little over a decade before the foundation of the Diocese of Lincoln by Pope Leo XIII in 1887. It is the third parish to be established in Clay County and was originally considered a mission territory. In 1897, the parish finally received her first resident pastor, Fr. Michael Shine, officially establishing it as an independent parish in the Diocese. To the present, it still exists as an independent parish and serves the people of Harvard and the surrounding areas, the boundaries spanning roughly 200 square miles. Click the links to see the history of the parish and some parish photos.