Traveling? Want to go to Mass? Visit
to find a Mass near you!
"Joseph woke from sleep and did as the angel commanded him."
Diocese of Lincoln Guidelines for Coronavirus (COVID-19) May 4, 2020
Guidelines and Safety Measures for Parishioners During Reopening
As of May 4, 2020, parishes and religious institutions are now permitted by the Governor to gather for the celebration of liturgies while practicing appropriate behaviors for containing the spread of the COVID-19 virus. These guidelines are subject to change in the event of new instructions from local or state health officials and the Office of the Bishop.
While the Governor has loosened the restrictions on religious gatherings for worship, there may be DHMs issued by local health departments that are at variance with the statewide directive issued by the Governor. A decision to re-open an individual parish is left to the discretion of the pastor.
Here are the guidelines and safety measures for the Diocese of Lincoln during re-opening:
- The dispensation from the Sunday and Holy Day obligation remains in place.
- Gatherings are limited to the Sacred Liturgy, so all forms of public liturgies in churches are permitted.
- All other parish and school activities remain restricted, including after-Mass gatherings such as coffee and rolls, funeral luncheons, wedding receptions, etc. The Bishop has restricted outdoor Mass.
The following are encouraged to stay at home:
- The sick
- The elderly
- People with underlying medical conditions
- Family members who live with elderly people or those who are at risk
- People who have access to those at risk in nursing institutions
- People who have upper respiratory or flu like symptoms
- People who live with someone with upper respiratory or flu like symptoms
- People with COVID-19 or live with someone with COVID-19
- People who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19
Requested “Containment Practices” for those attending Mass:
- Family members sit together
- Sit in every other pew
- Cough in your sleeve
- Place your contribution envelope in the basket provided as you enter or exit the church. The ushers will not “take up the collection” during Mass
- No hand holding during the Our Father
- Sign of Peace is omitted
- Form a single file line with 6-foot intervals when processing forward to receive Holy Communion
- Follow the instructions of the ushers
- Avoid gathering in the vestibule or near the doors of the church following Mass
- If requested, assist with sanitizing the church and other public areas following Mass
- Attend Mass in your home parish
Confessions: Saturday- 5:00-5:20 p.m.
Sunday- 8:30-8:50 a.m.
Weekday Masses: Monday-Friday @ 7:00 a.m.
Thursday- Catholic Social Services (Hastings) @ 8:30 a.m.
Friday- Harvard Home @ 1:00 p.m.
Weekend Masses: Saturday Vigil @ 5:30 p.m.
Sunday @ 9:00 a.m.
@ 111:30 a.m. (Spanish)
Masses for Holy Days of Obligation are announced in the weekly bulletins and on Facebook. Click to review the most recent bulletins, or contact us with questions.